Wednesday, April 22, 2009

That smells nice ??

Today Josh and I went to Marsh Creek park. Being Earth Day and even though it was drizzly off and on I thought it would be a good thing to get outside. There's an "EarthCache" near us so it seemed like a good day to check that one off my list - (as of this afternoon I've already found 51 caches!). The Earthcache is one where there isn't a physical thing to find it's more informational. There was a brief description of Marsh Creek Lake and it's history on the geocaching website and to claim it as found you had to meet the criteria of the people who set it up 1. had to answer some questions about the Christina watershed - that the reservoir at Marsh Creek drains into and 2. had to take a picture of your caching "team" at the site the coordinates led you to. As far as the acres that the lake takes up (535) and the other questions I had to look them up. Then I sat Josh on a bench and took his picture - a cute one at that - and as we were walking back to my car a tractor and pick up truck were driving by and Josh inhaled deeply and said " mmmmm That smells nice..." it was the smell of the exhaust! Is it possible that a kid can really be a born motor- head? Ah - yup, I think so.

No comments: