Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just wait til he's a teenager!!

One half of a double-decker egg and cheese sandwich, a Nutrigrain bar, three cups of "Smoothie" drink and three big handfuls of animal crackers. This is what Josh has eaten so far today and it's only 11:30!! He did have skating practice last night and had a long tricycle ride this morning so I guess he's burning it but holy cow his belly's bulging right now. He's also sitting on my lap sucking his thumb so I guess we'll do a nap then get ready to head to the pool when Dima gets home.

Josh and I went to the pool to buy our membership yesterday and ran into one of his lifeguard his buddies from last year who was off duty but just happened to stop in. I hadn't expected to swim so he ended up in the pool with regular shorts on and being tossed around by his friend while I sat there and caught up on what he's been doing for the winter.

It's safe to say that our hang out now will be the pool - Josh is tall enough to easily stand in the baby pool part and he's okay about asking to go to the deeper part with me when he wants to jump in there. Of course I'm with him at all times no matter which part he's in but if I want to sit out for a while he's okay with playing in the splash park or laying next to or right on top of me if I stop to I read and he's a little tired. Dima will be spending his time under the splash park I'm sure. I did tell them that if the weather's good and Dima does well in school... and if Josh isn't sassy we'll go over after school. So they were both saying to each other - " I really want to go so don't YOU blow it today". The park is near a field where hot air balloons are put up in the evenings at times so we always have to check for them on the way home - that's okay cause it gives us something to look forward to and it's easier to motivate them to leave.

No comments: