Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 A memorable year in ways I'd like to forget

Goodbye 2010

Things have been trying all around I've seen it, lived it, heard it and read about it all around.

Friends of mine have had parents pass away, have been fighting cancer, and dealing with serious stuff every day.


Chris's lack of work til August and my sister's brain aneurysm make this a memorable year in ways I'd like to forget. My gray hairs and wrinkles - I seem to have many more now!! - have been hard earned; in the scheme of things, held up to the stuff that others have had to endure - that's nothing.
At one point Andie asked me if she'd thanked me for all I did for her while she was hospitalized and in recovery and I couldn't even say it without losing it .... she thanked me by fighting and staying alive!! this holiday season would have been so different had things turned out otherwise... EVERYTHING would have been so different...

The support that you have all given our family is greatly appreciated and will never be forgotten - I can't thank you all enough for pulling me through all of this.
With Andie's recovery - she's searching for her own place again and now Chris is working at a great company so things are definitely moving forward.
I'm so looking forward to the new year.

This post has been brewing in my mind for a while but I didn't want to jinx anything by posting too early. I usually think the topics over and then just write it as I type - so if it seems disjointed so be it. Now that the new year has arrived in some parts of the world and Josh and I are hunkered down here at home watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I'm all ready to start 2011.

Thanks for all of your love and support and Happy New Year, to everyone!!

No comments: