Wednesday, January 23, 2008

v a c a t i o n

I must say that going on our little get away over the weekend was nice for me because I really did have a chance to relax a bit since I didn't think about what I needed to do (laundry, dishes, cleaning up) while we were there and could actually sit down, either with the kids or by myself to goof around with them or to just do nothing once in a while. Another benefit of the salty air is that the boys are both still pretty tired and taking long naps each day which gives me more time to catch up on stuff around the house.

Chris built some shelves in our garage while we were gone and we intend to store our Christmas decorations and stuff like that out there. Yes, on January 23rd our Christmas stuff is still around, though it's in boxes and ready to be stored it's still in the way so I'm trying to get that stuff ready to throw on the shelves when they're finished - okay, maybe we'll gently place them since they're mostly breakables. But since the kids are still snoozing at 4:15 I've had more time than usual to get my stuff done and get that done.

I do think Josh is in some kind of growth spurt. He was extremely sassy last week - as in refusing to go into the school when we got there on Wednesday and being more sassy than his usual four-year-old defiant self. I was told a while ago by our real estate agent that she noticed that her kids would get like that and be unusually hungry just around a growth spurt. Over the weekend I took along and made 2 pounds of macaroni and cheese and mixed in some peas to have with our entree and josh ate the meat plus most of the mac and cheese w/ peas, in one sitting!! Dima and I each had smallish portions compared to what Josh ate. He's always been a pasta / starch / bread kind of kid. He can put away piece after piece of French toast on weekend mornings until his little belly is puffed out. My theory of the Sassy Little Man growth spurt was proven true since he can suddenly reach up to turn off the light switch in Dima's room after trying for months to turn it off after Goodnight prayers.

My vacation is about to be extended even more since Chris got me a gift certificate for a spa at Christmas time and I booked an appointment for this coming Sunday. Not only will I enjoy being there and being pampered like that I'll also just enjoy looking forward to it.

Tomorrow is Thursday so that means I take the boys for skating lessons in the afternoon after school. If it's nice enough maybe we'll picnic somewhere instead of coming back here since the rink is closer to school than it is to home.

No comments: