Saturday, February 2, 2008

Soon on our way to Vermont

We only have one more link on our countdown to vacation chain. Josh still asks when we're going but not as often as he did before we had the visual reminder of how long it would be. I think nap time still confuses him a bit cause he thinks it should be a new day each time he wakes up. Now they're tucked into bed and we're pretty much packed - though I keep thinking of things to add to the luggage - the house we're staying in can sleep 14 people and has a washer and dryer so I'm not too worried about the clothing supply or space to play and do stuff. It's the other nice-to-have-things that we might not be able to buy up there and are used to having that I'm adding in as I sit here and think about what we might want to / or NEED to have while hanging out there.

Josh should be pretty easy to entertain, even among the chaos which is sure to ensue with so many people around. He's been very good lately about sitting down and doing jigsaw puzzles. He's got a set of Justice League puzzles that he likes to focus on and this morning I even offered to go outside for a walk so we could check out a Mustang in front of a neighbor's house and he still wanted to stick with his puzzes. You really can find anything on youtube so I found the old-time songs for Wonder Woman and Batman so when he finds pieces of the puzzles with their faces -( and what-not Wonder Woman for one has quite the exagerated figure!!)- he sings their theme song and sometimes he just has to get up to dance around if the music I put on for him so inspires him. I had my ipod going today and he got up a few times for the Cars movie sound track songs and various German songs I've got that he knows. When he hears something he recognizes he perks up and kind of pokes his hands in the air and bobs his head and then settles back down to the puzzle after singing a few words

Dima did exceptionally well in skating lessons today and so we rewarded the kids with a trip to "our restaurant". Both kids get grilled cheese and extra fruit instead of fries and they are easy to handle there since the place has TVs all around and there's always something to keep them entertained.

We're taking our laptop to Vermont but I'm not sure if we'll have internet access so it could be a week until I have a chance to get back to writing here.

I'm so not looking forward to the drive but can't wait to get there. we are borrowing a friend's DVD player to use in the car on the way so I hope we'll ALL have a pleasant ride.

No comments: