Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mama, I spit!!! ....

.....and so I heard at 4am on Saturday morning - Josh had never been sick to his stomach before so he really didn't know that he should have said " Mama, just I barfed all over my bed!!!" He was up and crying and between the two of us Chris and I got him up and stripped and got the bed changed to get him back into it to try to get him back to sleep. Well, I had a similar experience less than a week before - but mine didn't end up on the bed... in fact the loss of appetite stuck with me for quite a while. So, while Chris went back to bed - he had to get up and out with Dima for Learn to Play Hockey I started doing laundry and looking up what it was - based on how I felt and my symptoms, which seemed to be repeating themselves in him - what to do on the internet. What did people do before the internet?? Look stuff up in the encyclopedia?? Call relatives?? Send smoke signals???

We have a pull out sofa bed in our family room so I got that set up and then Josh and I ( since I was already exposed to the stomach ailment it just made sense for me to stay with him) watched movies all day Saturday while I made sure he had lots to drink to avoid dehydration. He was really slow and just laid on me while we sat around all day. Then there was one time during the day that he was close to throwing up again but we made it through the whole day without incident. After a good rest on Saturday night he woke up totally recovered and talking a mile a minute on Sunday and with a recovered appetite so he's much better.

He had to miss a friend's birthday party on Saturday and once in a while he asks when the party is... he's having a hard time understanding that it's done, gone, over. We do have a playdate set with the same kid for next week so that made him feel better.

No comments: