Wednesday, January 7, 2009

the end of Christmas season

An ice storm was predicted for yesterday into today and while the stuff didn't pan out like the weather guys said it would - shoulda known when at noon the snow/ ice/ freezing rain hadn't started as they said it would. After Dima got on his bus yesterday morning in preparation for the weather event I decided to take down our #48 car balloon with Santa and elves so as I undid the stakes that hold it in place I told him I was putting it away so he wouldn't be surprised or disappointed that it's suddenly gone - I've learned the hard way tat he's one you have to prepare for changes or it could get ugly. So before I put the balloon away he said good bye to the elves and kissed them goodbye. Last evening Dima and Papa undid the Christmas tree and the stuff is coming down around the house so that's it til next year and Josh is already asking how soon will Santa come again.

Before Christmas Josh was wound up and I attributed it to just the excitement in the air from the building excitement of the holidays but he's continued to get crazy at times and I'm hoping once we settle back into our routine that he's going to bring it down a bit. The bad thing about him getting "luku" and impulsive is that then Dima gets that was too and even though Josh can eventually regulate himself and bring the energy level down it's much harder for Dima to do the same and it sets him up for trouble cause he starts doing stuff he knows will have consequences. I hate sending him off to school like that since I know his energy level only goes up once he's there. He literally pranced to the bus yesterday morning then came home with out his homework and told me that there was a sub in class which is never a good thing for his excitement / anxiety.

No comments: