Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chasing balls around anyone?

Josh found an old tennis racket in our garage this past weekend and really wanted to play so since we had some spare time this afternoon while waiting for Dima's field trip bus to get to his school and there's a playground along the way so I decided to take the rackets along and let Josh give it a try. The rain this afternoon let up enough for us to get out there and then it turned out to be basically Josh and I chasing the ball around the puddled, wormy court while holding rackets in our hands and occasionally hitting the ball over the net. I tried to get him to do it close up and then work out to further away but we had three adjacent courts and were all over the place. I also tried to show him how to serve over hand and usually he's good at imitating what he sees and did bounce the ball then serve kind of sideways - whatever you call that - it a few times - he didn't get that from me must have seen it while watching real tennis on TV I don't think any young tennis pros need to worry about Josh just yet but at least he's been exposed to it.

No comments: