Saturday, January 30, 2010

Andie's day

She's still sedated because each time they try to bring her out of it she gets combative and spikes her blood pressure and was bleeding from the incision site so back into Lulu Land she went ... they'll try to gently bring her back out of it during the night.

Doc was concerned about brain function last night since there were issues with her reflexes on her right side (the part of the brain that was necrotic and removed was on her left the Left Middle Cerebral Artery and therefore the area responsible for speech and movement on the right side of the body) so.... she's better today than last night since reflexes are there - the surgeon was a bit concerned about that last night but optimistic this morning. The doctor also said it was "big surgery" so it's going to take a while to recover.
My parents and I went to her apartment today got the mail and stuff like that and last night I was making lists of stuff to do well into the night and still trying to wrap my mind around the whole thing. At this point I'm planing on going home to Glenmoore tomorrow after some time at the hospital. I'll regroup there and then get back here.

Her surgeon is wonderful seems like a nice guy, great bedside manner, spent time answering our questions and has an amazing background:
http://www.lvhn.org/Careers/Physicians/Why_Im_a_Physician_at_Lehigh_Valley_Health_Network|879

For all who have asked about how to help: For now her blood pressure and comfort are key issues and they try to keep things calm in the Critical Care Unit so visitors need to be limited. I'm confident that her care is in good hands - in a few weeks when she comes home I'll let you know how day to day things will be once she's here at my Mom and Dad's - that 's when we'll need extra hands.


I really do feel the good vibes and the love from everyone - yesterday -even after going over the potential worst case scenario with the doc and after the stress of seeing her wheeled toward the OR and a few tears ... about an hour into the surgery I had a peaceful feeling and don't even know how to describe it.

still feels like a dream to me ....

No comments: