Thursday, April 1, 2010

Macy's flower show

If you'd have told me I'd be driving into Philadelphia to do to a DEPARTMENT STORE about a week ago I'd have thought you were crazy. Okay, I must be the crazy one cause that's exactly what I did. I heard a commercial for the Macy's Flower Show including a hot air balloon on display loaded with flowers and since that includes two of Dima's favorite things - he loves, loves, loves hot air balloons (we see them regularly from our house in the summer) and he loves flowers, and well, natural stuff. So... on Sunday we did indeed make the trek to Macy's. We got there and looked around and it was nice but he was like -"uh...is this IT?". Yup, that was it - The hot air balloon and flower displays on the downstairs sales floor and some stuff strung up in the air and some displays elsewhere in the store. We went up to higher levels and from there we looked down at the stuff and saw the organist playing. We were there early enough that we got to go on the first "tour" of the day where they take you from the "Wanamaker eagle" to go to the various displays and they point out the types of flowers used and what they were supposed to represent. He did listen and I asked him later on if he remembered any new types of flowers that he'd like to try to grow and of course he didn't. I'd loaded some geocaches into my GPS so to have something more to do we walked to the area of a cache and as we wandered around we sound it. It was one of those hidden - in plain- sight ones that lots of people must pass every day but have no idea it's there. We also stopped at a little place for pizza, went back through Macy's for one last look and then headed home.
At the end of the day I asked what the best thing about his day was and he said " I like caching!" Great, we could have done that practically in our back yard!

http://www.geocaching.com/

No comments: