Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Andie admits now that once in a while she has "breakthroughs" that she agrees with me that driving is not a good idea for her to try anytime soon. She took a sample written driver's test and could pass that but the physical driving and reading of signs is not something that would be safe right now. Our dad works the polls each election day so I'm in Whitehall today sister - sitting. We cancelled her bus to therapy this afternoon and I'll take her over to Good Shepherd so I can see how things are going there. She's has a few different speech therapists and they've helped her out by giving her home work right now she's working on reading comprehension but that's coming along very slowly.

Yesterday she asked me to look up aphasia.org and she read some of their online stuff but got tired and confused so then I read some of it for her. She was slightly discouraged when it said that if there hasn't been major improvement in the first few months there will not be a full recovery. We talked about it a while and she's ready to be better but in reality she's been through a life- changing event and things will be different in ways that are hard to predict.

Right now we're sitting here and she's going on and on about selling snacks at flea markets and she wants to start researching where to get stuff and where to sell it. My point is that if she can't really communicate and can't count change she might need to focus on another job first and then move on to something like this later.
I asked her what to say on here and she said "Goodbye"!!

No comments: