Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Wuv You Mama

For all the times he has spit at me and has been Sassy Boy lately Josh still is usually a very sweet boy. This evening since it was raining I let them watch Cars, Josh's favorite movie and in the middle of watching it he turned to me to tell me that he "Wuvs" me. When we go places he's always saying "hi, hi!" to everyone we see. At the grocery store where I get my organic whole wheat pastas he knows the check out boy by name and when we get there he yells "hi, Sergio!!" Today at the pool he was trying to get the other moms to "watch me! watch me!".

A few weeks ago we had replacement windows put in here at the house and as he was leaving the the guy that was doing the work said he'd never forget Josh. Mostly because each time we saw him Josh would say something to him, "Hi, Buddy!! - What are you doing? - Are you gonna do my room? Can I see the tools in your truck??" It really went on all day for two days and I thought the guy would get annoyed but he took the interruptions the best way possible and really seemed to enjoy it.

Dima on the other hand is affectionate in a spontaneous - hugging or hand - to - his cheek sort of way but only with people that he knows. Especially when we're out somewhere he's usually so busy taking things in and looking for water, fountains, flowers, or something else that he's interested in that people to him are almost secondary, and he's certainly never one to say hi to people on his own. I guess in terms of Stranger Danger he's probably the safer of the two and I've touched on the topic with both of them but really don't want to squash Josh's spirit by telling him not to be so outgoing.

No comments: