Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Are there toys in college?

While talking with the boys about school Dima asked how long until they are done and I briefly went into how they get breaks each summer but how school goes on for years through elementary school ,middle school, high school and then college and Dima's next question was: "Do they have toys in college?". Now there's a loaded question....

This morning while I was cleaning up the kitchen and the boys were still at the table eating breakfast when Dima said to Josh : " so... what do you want to talk about?" which is what I usually say when we're eating and they've already covered school and the snack for the day and whatever else is on their minds. For now we have a Conversation Bell which is a bell that I can ring if they're both trying to talk at the same time and we lay it down on the table to show who is supposed to be taking their turn to talk. While they were at the table by themselves the bell was upright so Dima said "so, ceiling, what do you want to talk about?" I thought that was actually pretty funny. While driving somewhere the other day Dima saw some Christmas lights still up and he's heard us saying "Merry Christmas" when we go by a place that has them up all year long and Dima asked if the people in that house with them still up would take the lights down once Christmas time comes... I thought that was really funny!

It's kind of funny to hear them saying stuff that I say. A few weeks ago it had been raining off and on and Dima asked Josh if it was raining and he said "not at the moment" which is something I always say. And lately Dima's been trying to say: "that's interesting" which is another thing I always say and his words are getting jumbled into different sounds but I still know what he's trying to say so I work on showing him my mouth as I say it and they both try to copy me. I'm sure it won't take long to get it.

Today was Josh's picture day at school and I had him eat his breakfast with a robe and big bib on so he wouldn't mess up his clothes , I dressed him in what we call a "Pop pop shirt" for the pics cause it really does make him look like his Pop pop when he wears them.

No comments: