Monday, October 22, 2007

Josh's first ever ride on a bus.

Today Josh got to go on a field trip to an apple orchard and rode a bus for the first time ever! He still had a moment in the car when he didn't want to go into the school but it didn't take long to convince him to go. (He's been hesitating to go in for just over a week and I've found that if I allow extra time in the parking lot and we just kind of sit there a while before going in then he's better about going.) They got to go on a hayride and pick apples and got a bag to bring home with apples and a little pumpkin. He's doing well as far as going to the potty when he's not too distracted. I think cutting bananas out of his diet and not giving him so much cheese has made the while thing easier for him. Yesterday he went into our powder room to use the potty by himself he found out the seat was up as he got his whole butt and his shirt dunked into the toilet bowl- I guess that's one of the dangers you face when you're too short to reach the light switch! Funny once he stopped crying about it. He might have been a little freaked out since I always tell him that toilets are dirty so he won't touch them or play with them. Poor Josh!

Since Dima and I had time after I picked him up from kindergarten and before we had go get Josh I took him to a Japanese Steak house. He sat nicely for the most part (except for blowing the paper off his straw, which I think is actually condoned by Chris when they go to their sports bar/ restaurant... we'll have to talk about that one) and attempted to use chopsticks and was speaking in a quiet voice once I pointed out that the other people there were not talking loudly and that they wanted to have a relaxing lunch with out hearing him. He tried tempura shrimp and vegetables and rice and tried my salmon and liked everything except the salad with ginger dressing. The waiter was pretty impressed that he was willing to try everything.


We just got a copy of a article that ran in the Washington Post Southern Maryland section with two pictures of Dima at the Hard Bargain Farm Oktoberfest. He's actually dancing with the big guys in one and looking into the bottom of an alphorn in another. A former neighbor who came to see us that day mailed us the actual article and we had already seen it online. Both boys danced with the Almrausch kids on this past Friday evening and at one point Josh started yelling at Dima during a dance so we had to have a talk about how that's not acceptable behavoir on the dance floor. The place was an assisted living facility and I get so nervous with the kids running negotiating through places like that since you have so many people with canes and stuff. Josh barely pays attention wto where he's walking anyway so I always make him hold my hand though he's not too thrilled about it. Some of the kids came with us to the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City for a performance yesterday but I was glad to not have to keep tabs on my kids in a place as crowded and as stimulating as that.

No comments: