Thursday, October 11, 2007

that's insegence

Lately Dima's been trying to say "that's interesting" and instead it sounds more like "that's insegence" I'm sure it's only a matter of time until he gets it right but it's kind of funny when he says it thinking he's using my expression. Yesterday he also tried "if I do say so myself" and kind of got that one. I don't realize how often I say the same things until I hear it coming from the mouths of the kids. One advantage of my being with them all the time is that I can figure out what they're talking about from the context or from what ever we're doing at the time.

Today was a first for Josh he actually asked to go home when we got to his school. He went to the other side of the car once I un-did his buckle and really didn't want to go. Luckily a friend came out and said that her son was inside waiting for him and then he let me carry him to the school. Once we got to the door he ran inside so hopefully this won't happen again. He could have wanted to play here or something instead of school. He did get up late today so I guess he's especially tired. He has also been coughing so that could be part of it too. I'm going to try to get them to take a long nap this afternoon. It's raining and just one of those days that every one wants to stay in bed. I think this will be a play-doh and crayons kind of day once they get up later.

Dima had the chance to see a fire engine up close today at school and they gave him a booklet to color so as he was looking at it on the way home we was telling us about feeling doors and stop, drop and roll. We have a few roses growing out front so we went out this morning to cut some along with a lily for Mrs. Benner. He really is a pretty thoughtful kid and once you give him an idea he'll use it again on his own. Then ironically they made a "garden" in class today with cut out flowers with manners things written on them (please, thank you and stuff like that) and green pipe cleaners with a little fence thing to put them in.

No comments: