Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hewo Big Fly!

Josh and I were having our own play date this afternoon while Dima was having his at a friend's house I got our our wooden train set so he could play without having to share it with Dima. As I carried it upstairs Josh yelled "HAPPY DAY!" I asked where heard that one and he said in school. He's learning new phrases all the time and learning their meanings as he goes he got pushed down by a girl on the playground at school after he asked her "do you want a piece of me?" Maybe he'll think twice before using that one again... Ironically enough he got that one from the intro to one of the Veggie Tales videos that are supposed to teach morals and values.

Last week Josh started saying " Hewo Big Fly! " That's an imitation of me saying " Hello, McFly" - a reference to the movie Back to the Future - when someone isn't paying attention, repeats something that was just said or asks something that's totally obvious. Totally is another word he's started to use as in that car is "totally cool" but when it comes from him I usually have to have him repeat it to figure out what he's trying to say. That's another thing that I guess I didn't realize how much I say it until the little parrots repeat it.

Poor Josh was pretty upset when we dropped Dima off at Dylan's house and that kind of stuff reminds me of what it's like to be the younger kid and not being able or allowed to do what the older kid is doing. At the time it's upsetting and disappointing and hard to understand why. Especially in this case it really brought those feelings back for me. One of the reasons I drove over today was cause I figured that Josh would freak at not being able to stay. They are literally right across the back yards and we could have walked but it was better to keep him contained. Once we found stuff to do back here he seemed content to play and to tell me how to play with his cars.

The first ever play date for Dima seems to have been a success. It sounds like Dima's afternoon was mostly bouncing on their trampoline and playing at their play kitchen in their basement. The boys have equal energy so they're a good match. I'm betting Dima will be out like a light tonight at bedtime. I'd like to reciprocate one of these days, I'll have to figure out what to do with all three of them here since I don't have car space for more than two of them. Looks like a mini-van will have to be our next vehicle cause this kind of thing has come up before.

Josh was just sitting here talking about his classmate Dylan and saying that maybe he can go to his house too. I'm trying to explain that he just has to be nice to the other kids and he'll get a friend like that sooner or later. I hope he doesn't pester "his Dylan" about it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOL!! I can tell that Josh is quite the "ladies man"...However, you might want to inform him that "do you want a piece of me" is not the proper way to ask a girl out!!! Miss Yall!!!
Sarah Mohn