Thursday, March 4, 2010

Andie had a test today to see how she'd do swallowing and it seems like things are a GO for breakfast tomorrow, then if all goes well with that she can have solid meals. I'm sure she's going to appreciate that since I've been hiding any drinks I've had in there since she made a lunge for one of the aide's Mountain Dew last week. Even if I'd turn my back and have a swig of something she'd smack her lips and go "what are you doing over there?" Good Shepherd has a great set up where we can go to the cafeteria and order our food and have it delivered to the dining room on her floor so we can all eat together.
I asked at GS about taking Josh in for a visit and they are okay with it. Dima's already got a date with Chris's mom to buy an outfit for his first holy communion set for Saturday and a sleep over planned so I'm going to get Josh out for a trip to Allentown. On the way I'll explain to him about what he'll see, the wheel chairs, people doing their physical therapy and all that. Oh yeah, and that he can NOT jump on Andie! With his exuberance he has potential to be a big hit (the therapists are cute, young girls and he LOVES girls) but we will be sensitive to the people who might not appreciate all that noise and energy. My dad's prepared to haul him out of there if my mom and I want to stay around to visit and if Josh is a problem. Josh is already excited about visiting his "best buddy" - Poppy and is disappointed that we can only stay for one night. He was trying to negotiate for four nights.
Dad said that today Andie's cracking herself up at times - I can't wait til she can actually get the words out and we'll all be in on the jokes.

No comments:

Blog Archive