Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Are you people nuts? I wanna go to Friday's!"

Andie's here helping to do dishes and Mom had her using a sponge to squeeze water from one side of the sink to the other to exercize her right hand (at the suggestion of one of the therapists) and Andie was joking around about how easy she had it while lying around in rehab and just as I sat down to type this she was going "Are you people nuts? I wanna go to Friday's !". She's free from rehab and happy about it but getting tired, which is understandable and she's still so excited that communication is really minced up right now.
When I got there she was having breakfast with her roommate and chatting up a storm we had to hang out a while till the final checks and details were taken care of and then we went around giving hugs and saying goodbye to everyone. She has an appointment with that doc to be checked again next month and so we'll definitely be back there soon. In the mean time we had to round up her meds and appts with regular doc for basic check up and blood work. Thursday starts her out-patient therapies at Good Shepherd. Same place, different building and different therapists. I'll tag along for that since she's apprehensive about it and about communicating what they need so I'll follow along with my little notebook that I've held onto all over these past few weeks.
She seems really happy to be here and though it's an adjustment for everyone I don't think it'll have a huge impact on my parent's lives and once she's ready to be independent she can get her own place again.
Wow, I think I'm tired too!

No comments:

Blog Archive