Sunday, March 14, 2010

Paula Deen / Andie's email

Since reading is one of Andie's strong suits I've created this email address for her and we can help her get the messages.

andriad013@gmail.com

My parents can print them out and read them with her or I've shown her some pictures and emails and read them with her on the computer in the 4th floor dining room. She's still shy about going online herself but she knows there's a computer that she can use at Good Shepherd once she gets more confident with it.

She's still out there communication-wise. A few quotes from today:
"I'm stupid, but I'm not dumb. "
During our laughing, questioning, explaining morning, addressed to me: " I'm gonna kick your royal rump!"
Her happiness this morning was obvious when I brought in her recipes that she'd been compiling for a recipe book after much explanation of where to find them.... i.e. her life's work...
"LOOK AT THESE BABIES!!!" while leafing through her notes.

http://www.pauladeen.com/

We saw a blurb about a promotion with Philadelphia Cream Cheese on Paula's website yesterday while I goofed around online and read stuff to her. After she saw the ad she got so excited that she had to remind herself to stop and think so she could try to talk.

Whatever it is, the promotion doesn't start until March 22. She wanted to send her recipe ASAP and she was like, "fine.. I'll just give it to MOM!" Well, Mom wasn't there at the time so to appease Andie we sat down and I typed it up word for word ( including since the words wouldn't come out Andie drawing a picture of a strawberry to tell me about a recipe!) and sent it on an email to myself and will get it out to Paula as soon as the thing launches.

In the mean time I saw on pauladeen.com that she'll be doing something at QVC next week -

If anyone out there has any connection with her people or the QVC people I'd LOVE to spring Andie out of there for a day to go shake her hand on the way into the studio, through the airport or whatever
...

It would be something for her to look forward to and I'd love to surprise her with something like that. At this point I'm wondering if an email to her staff would help get her schedule and maybe arrange an encounter of some sort. I really don't know much about Paula Deen but I saw her on Craig Ferguson just last week. Since I TIVO his show and watch it when kids are not around I didn't get it live but if I had I'd have called the nurses at G.S. to turn it on for Andie to watch. On the Craig show Paula Deen licked the stick of butter that she'd just used to grease a pan - now there's something I can relate to - butter, butter, butter! Was gonna say she's a girl after my own heart ... but that might be too true! I know, I know - not healthy but it is tasty!
Another option would be if someone wants to take Andie's recipe for banana split cheesecake and help me get it baked and then present it to Paula - If you have this sort of thing in you - let me know - I'm so NOT a baker and it would make for good comedy but I don't think I'd get the cash prize for baking!

No comments:

Blog Archive