Sunday, March 21, 2010

movin' out...

Moving is tough enough when you have to deal with your own stuff but trying to go through Andie's stuff and trying to decipher from her what exactly she wants to keep / donate / gift to people really complicates this whole thing. We've got til the end of this month to deal with it all. There's a possibility that we can donate stuff to a client of one of the women I met last week at the Center for Independent Living in Allentown but I haven't heard from her since I left her a message listing the stuff available on Friday. If anyone wants some free furniture let me know - especially if you can help move the stuff - I can tell you what we've got.
There's also some stained glass - making supplies I'm thinking the Baum school of Art in Allentown might be interested and should call them. If anyone wants that sort of stuff let me know. .. uh... soon please.
Andie's continually amusing the staff over at Good Shepherd we sat there talking with one the aides about some of the stuff that went on early in Andie's stay there that she really doesn't remember - she definitely feels sorry for some of the things she did. I assured her that she just wasn't herself and that the aides there know that.
We were told last week that Andie would probably need a cane when leaving rehab and I was trying to be pro-active and had my mom get one from the stash of donated stuff at church then were told that the walker would still be needed for the immediate future. I think Andie's still afraid of falling so the stability of the walker will be a good thing especially while going out into the world where there are so many little obstacles that you don't even thing about until you have to deal with details like this.
Right now things are still on track for Andie to leave GS Tuesday and go to our Mom and Dad's place - pending blood tests and final evaluations tomorrow....

No comments:

Blog Archive