Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feb. 2, 2010

Another day spent waiting for Andie to wake up. The good news is that the vasospasm was alleviated by going through her groin and shooting drugs into the area to make it stop. Well, that worked but while she was having it done her lungs were "giving her trouble". I was present while she had an EKG done and the guy that did that seemed optimistic about her recovery and the nurse said the results of that were good.

She's still zonked out from the meds they give her and they say she doesn't really know we're there but she does move around and I still think that increases when I put the ipod in her ear or when she hears our voices.

My dad and I spent time today cleaning up her place, doing laudry and getting it ready to live in when she's back. I also met with the financial person at the hospital and talking about working out those details. We now have to figure out where she keeps stuff like pay stubs, birth certificate and stuff like that. We've already found some of the papers but need to devote more time to that tomorrow. My thought right now is to get stuff like that done before she is aware that we're there and we have no time to do other things. Oh yeah, if you haven't already - let your realtives know where you have that kind of thing I feel like I'm trying to read her mind about where she would think it was logical to have put it.

It is a weird thing that when I'm NOT at the hospital I keep wondering if I should be even though she's not aware of us then when I am there it feels so weird... dreamlike and almost like a panicky fight - or - flight thing where I'm edgy and can't wait to get going again. Well, ok there's no one to really fight... but just get me outta here!! I'm also acutely aware of every movement and every sound so every moment is pretty intense. Still I know she'd be there for me and I realize that it could be me in that bed and she'd be there for me.

When I'm in her room I've been trying to calm my self and therefore the room, I hope ,by focusing on all the good thoughts you guys are sending and trying to be the connection to it all for her. She seems to move her hand in a purposeful way and maybe I'm reading into it what I want to see but I'm keeping up the positive thoughts while I'm there and look forward to the thumbs up from her that means something good.

They started her on antibiotics today since there seems to be somthing going on with her lungs. I know people want to visit but it's just not a good time to do it. She wouldn't want any of us to see her like this and she doesn't need more things for her body to fight right now. I'll keep you updated about when things are better and when the time is right for visits.

Thanks again for the good vibes, prayers and thoughts. Love to you all!

No comments:

Blog Archive