Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow day!

Here in Glenmoore we have 18.5 inches of snow so far and they expect it to keep coming down into the afternoon. Before I decided to come back here I spent time at the hospital yesterday and though it's hard to predict exactly what will happen the nurses seemed to think that things with Andie could stay like they are for up to another week. They said that two weeks like this is not uncommon since it's such a traumatic surgery.
She's still sedated and still has tubes everywhere still on antibiotics and still waiting for the cultures to grow to see which area is causing the fever. They have her on a chilled blanket and fans on her to keep the fever down and when they pause the sedation down she still doesn't have the reflexes that they're looking for and she still doesn't follow commands - "put your thumb up, hold up two fingers". It's hard to walk out of there when she's still in that state but at this point it's going to take time for her to heal. I made it here yesterday in time to see the first few flakes of this storm fall as I came up my driveway. A friend who's a respiratory therapist will be at that hospital next Tuesday so I'm going to be there by then to get her into the NSICU so she can see what's going on it can't hurt for another set of trained eyes to check things over. My dad called this morning to check in and my parents are close enough and there's so little snow up there that they'll be able to get out to the hospital today.

No comments:

Blog Archive