Wednesday, February 10, 2010

To Andie Since I last saw you awake

This will be for her to read once she's back to normal. (As normal as she ever was... I can say that- I'm her sister!)
Since I last saw you awake...
It's now February, 2010.
It's hard to imagine waking up two weeks after going under general anesthetic.
On January 29, 2010 I was introduced to the Critical Care Unit of the Lehigh Valley Hospital Center and the people there know me and Mom and Dad by sight. Dr. Li was your surgeon he's got an impressive resume and we felt comfortable with him. Like he would have answered our questions all night after the surgery. I think you're lucky to be so close to cutting edge care.
The boys and Chris went to Vermont with the rest of the family - The kids were in ski school at Okemo during the first week you were out of it. Dima skied a black diamond and was rated a level 8 in their ski school. Josh skied Hot Dog Hill and talks about it all the time and he's now started snow boarding in our back yard. Right now the snow's a little too deep he can barely walk in it- Oh yeah, we've had two major snow storms and have about 45 inches of snow on the ground right now.
The Super Bowl was played last Sunday.
Dad and I went over to your house to tidy up so you're set when you're ready come back. Mom did laundry and they have some stuff at their house in case you come back there before you're ready to go to your place.
Your friends, neighbors, co-workers and the family were all concerned about how you're doing and I sat down about once a day to keep everyone up to date on your progress. I've also got a notebook I make notes in when we talk to the docs and nurses so I can remember what they said and so I can look stuff up when I have internet access and so you can see what's been going on too.

... If I think more to write I'll edit it in later.

No comments:

Blog Archive