Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feb. 4, 2010

Andie's condition remains the same.
I was told by today's nurse that "it's only been a week, and this was a major thing."
Well, today as my dad and I spent time organizing at her place he noted that a week ago was when he got her call that she was in the hospital. What a difference a week makes and how a week can crawl by. I know each case is different depending on the person and the circumstances but I was expecting to have her wake up and be responsive in maybe a day..... and here we are....
They still reduce the sedation each hour or so and test to see if she's responsive. Both of her eyes were open today - but still staring and she's not following commands. The left eye had been swollen shut, a normal thing in a case like this - and an ice pack was on her when I first got there today but once it was removed things seemed much better in that regard.
Today I spent time with Andie early and mid day (my parents later on) - the woman at the NSICU desk knows me now so I'm buzzed in without a badge. Hard to believe it's gone on this long and hard to predict how long it'll continue.
With the pending snow storm I'm torn now between heading back to Glenmoore to see Chris and the boys once they return from their Vermont ski trip and staying here with my parents closer to the hospital. In the morning I'll go over to the hospital again - watch, listen and decide what to do.

No comments:

Blog Archive