Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feb. 3, 2010

Andie's still heavily sedated and therefore has been out of it for most of the day. She's still on antibiotics because of infection, now has high white blood cell count - cultures went out to be tested and in a few days they should have reason for that.

When they paused the sedation today to test reflexes we saw her withdraw in response to pain - more strongly on the left side vs. right side but still not sufficient enough to warrant keeping the sedation off. She would pull at her tubes and rub her eyes if she could so that's not good - And back to the same holding pattern we all go. The staff at the hospital seem confident that things will improve - wow, last week at this time I certainly didn't know as much about the human brain as I do right now.

While Andie's not aware that we're around my Dad and I have spent time at her place trying to figure out where her personal papers are. Things like birth certificate and insurance information are not things you usually chat with relatives about so this is like the ultimate guessing game. It's geocaching without clues, hints or coordinates. We're also doing quite a bit of cleaning and organizing to make things easier so she can come home to her place comfortably when it's time. I know I'm physically tired so Dad has to be too.

I must say, these blogs are not only a way of getting information out but it also makes me think it all through - the days are kind of muddled together at this point - and this makes me stop to organize my thoughts. I'm always touched that you guys care and will let you know when visits to the hospital are okay. Good Night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are praying for you. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Blog Archive